69° Nacogdoches, TX
The Student News Site of Nacogdoches High School

Dragon Echo Online

Dragon Echo Online

Dragon Echo Online

Dragonette Dance Squad

Shaking Up Friday Night Lights
Andi Howell
The Dragonette Drill Team and their escorts on the sidelines during Friday Night Lights.

The Dragonette Drill Team is an important part of Friday Night Lights. They bring energy and fun to accompany the band. The Dragonettes love performing in the stands while the band plays, and bringing school spirit to the crowd.

“Friday Night Lights help make Fridays more fun, and it gives you a chance to be more involved with the school,” sophomore Kate Sanches said. “It helps bring a lot of positive energy and spirit to the crowd.”

In addition to performing in the stands, the Dragonettes also perform at halftime.

“I love performing at halftime,” freshman Hannah Harkness said. “I just think it’s really fun to be down on the field performing.”

The Dragonettes not only perform at football games, but they also host an annual Christmas Show and Spring Show. They are highly anticipated among the community.

“I’m really excited for Spring Show,” Captain Kaitlin Bobo said. “It’s the biggest performance of the year, and we spend a lot of time prepping for it.”

Although Friday nights and the shows are hard on everyone, they are a good way for the girls to bond, and grow closer. They have fun with each other backstage, despite the stresses that preparing for the shows bring.”

“My favorite part of Friday Night Lights is 4th quarter in the stands,” Major Sterling Smith said. “All the girls are shaking their poms and cheering for the football team and you can’t help but look around and smile.”